For a long time, I battled a nagging negativity that I may have left my run too late. A common voice would come to me saying, ‘you should have followed your dreams sooner!’
The if only and the what-ifs, they came calling too.
I don’t think I’m alone.
I speak to many who say ‘ I could have, I should have, I would have, but….I didn’t.’ It’s ok, I know that road too.
However, wisdom also came calling, many times – encouraging me.
‘Be brave’, she said, you can do this. Sometimes I listened and gathered up my sorry self and with grand efforts, I would lung forward in a sapping sprint that had me expecting immediate gratification, only to be exhausted and disappointed.
It’s an awful cycle that can have one believing that you’re never going to fulfil what’s in your heart or worse still, that you’ve just been created for less than you once believed.
KEYS FOR CHANGE
Thankfully, I didn’t buy into the lie and those days are now few and far between. My small business is growing and momentum is gathering. Everyday I’m gaining confidence in who I am, far less influenced by those negative voices. I know I have a part to play in the creative space.
It all came about through some intentional effort on my part and a lot of trusting God too. My dream has finally become a reality. I’m definitely not too old and neither are you. (or I might add, too young)
THE KEY INFLUENCING FACTORS WERE:-
- Silencing the Inner Critic (Learning to listen to wisdom)
- Planning (Plan your week, better still plan your days)
- Focus : One Thing (Not having all your drawers open at once)
- Slowing Down (I know, that sounds counter productive to building but it’s about doing the right thing, not everything)
- Working Hard (I know, that sounds contradictory to slowing down – I’ll explain later)
- Upskilling – Understanding SEO and some basic Techy Stuff
- Consistency – my new moto is “GROW SLOW-SAY NO”
I’m looking forward to sharing more about these life-changing habits in my up and coming blogs. Subscribe below and I’ll notify you when the next blog is up.
For today, I encourage you to just get started. Take your little seed dream, plant it and watch it grow.
Be brave my friend.
I’d love to hear all about it.
Leave a Reply